Go to http://bluemoonroleplaying.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are moving for the final time, so we have control over the database, domain name, TOS and features.
Go to Blue moon Roleplaying
These forums will remain up

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
` i z a
Little Queen
` i z a

Female
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Empty
PostSubject: Girl Knight [Corbenik and I]   Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 pm

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Caska4b_by_thermaloptic-1

Alanna of Andor was already awake when the sun peeked in through her chamber's window. She was in her night-dress still, a large broadsword in hand. The weapon was nearly as large as she was, but her handled with deftly and familiarly. The girl had been using the sword since she was elven. It helped build up the strength in her arms and upper body. She shifted effortlessly from one stance to the other. After several moments, she came to a rest and lowered the massive blade. Sweat glistened on her forehead and trickled down the sides of her face. She sheathed the weapon and put it on her bed.

She got dressed quickly, knowing the servants would be coming soon to bring her water to wash with. It was an old routine. She pulled on a loose tunic just as she heard a knock on the door. She opened it quickly, grinning up at the grizzled old servant holding a basin of water. He smiled fondly at her and stepped in past her. "Dunna ye ever sleep in, lad?" He set the basin in her small washroom, taking the old one and emptying out her chamberpot.

Alanna shrugged. "You know I never like to miss the sunrise, Gaston."

The old man snorted and shook his balding head at her. "You'll end up killing yourself if you don't get enough sleep, Squire Alan." Her heart skipped a beat. She still felt a thrill at being called a squire. The old man bowed stiffly and left her to wash.

Alanna, or Alan as everyone knew her in the Palace, was living a lie. She had disguised herself as a boy and came to the Palace when she was eleven in order to become a knight. Her father was a scholar and took little notice of her doings or whereabouts. As far as he was concerned, she was at a convent learning to be a Lady. That was not the sort of life Alanna wanted. She had always loved hunting and learning to fight. It was her dream to become a knight, and she was almost there.

She washed quickly and dressed in a plain tan tunic and leather breeches. She planned out going out to the fencing yards and keeping her training up. She needed to be in tip top shape in case a Knight finally came to ask her to be his squire. She brushed her hair quickly, barely sparing a glance in the mirror before tugging her boots on.

Alanna was thin young woman, fifteen years of age. She was tall for her age, but slender. The boys always made fun of her, saying she had the build of a girl, not knowing of course, that she was a girl. Her skin was darkened by hours of hard work and practicing in the sun. Her coal black hair was cropped short like the other boys'. Over all she looked like a pretty young man. She often wore a scowl or a mischievous grin on her lips to distract people from her looks. She couldn't afford people thinking she looked like a girl. It was bad enough that her chest was growing. She had bind her chest in yards of cloth so no one would notice.

Strapping her sword on her waist, she jogged out the door towards the practice yards.

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Th_CASKA04dairysorbetGirl Knight [Corbenik and I] Th_2545736688Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Th_firefly
Back to top Go down
http://ClockworkRenfield.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Girl Knight [Corbenik and I]   Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:22 pm

It was early in the morning, the sun was high in the sky and on full power, making the world seem like an oven turned on full blast. The heat was unbearable this time of year, Lauru hated it. Well, not just him, most knights did. They had all that armor and metal on their person, it was a miracle they weren't cooking themselves. Lauru decided to head out to the practice yards. Around this time of year the Knights would choose someone they'd like as a squire. Lauru wasn't one to pick squires as often as he could, in fact he would prefer not to have one at all. He didn't really like them tagging along everywhere, asking what they should do, annoying him.

As he came up to the yard, he saw many young men training hard, some attacking dummies, some just practicing moves, and some doing push ups for more upper body strength. Lauru walked up to some of the other knights that were scouting the others. "So you guys have any idea who you will choose?" He asked with no expression on his face. "Nope" They said in unison as they looked at him. Lauru had a reputation of choosing the squire he thought would quit on him, he was usually right...in fact he was alright right. He had a system of sorts, he simply chose the one out of the group that looked more feminine, those were usually the ones that would break easily. "Well I think I found mine, but we should round them up here and inspect them a little closer don't you think?" He asked the two as he put his fingers in his mouth and whistled, signaling everyone to round up. They both nodded, knowing he would have done it anyways.

All the young men ran to where all the knights stood. They formed a long line, each and everyone stabbing their sword in the ground in front of them. They knew today was the day, the day someone would choose them. "Alright listen up! We are going to be inspecting some, if not all of you today. Just don't be disappointed if you aren't chosen, there is always next year!" With that, Lauru began to walk down the long line of....applicants.
Back to top Go down
` i z a
Little Queen
` i z a

Female
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Girl Knight [Corbenik and I]   Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Caska4b_by_thermaloptic-1

Alanna had been sparring with Gareth of Olau, a squire the same year as herself when the knight called them all over to assemble in a line. Gareth winked at Alanna and they trotted over to fall in line with the others. She traded a half-hopeful grin with Gareth and stood beside him, her sword already in her sheath. She grimaced at the others who thrust their swords into the dirt. A knight is only as good as his weapon. The others should know that. She would never treat her sword in such a careless manner.

She stood up straight, chin held defiantly in the air. If they judged her only on her size, then they would be unpleasantly surprised. Alanna was the best swordsman in her year. Only Alex of Naxen who was a third year squire was better. She had worked diligently at her swordsmanship and practiced regularly with her big broadsword. She was quick and agile and she didn't tire as quickly as the bigger boys.

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Th_CASKA04dairysorbetGirl Knight [Corbenik and I] Th_2545736688Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Th_firefly
Back to top Go down
http://ClockworkRenfield.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl Knight [Corbenik and I]   Girl Knight [Corbenik and I] Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl Knight [Corbenik and I]
Page 1 of 1