Go to http://bluemoonroleplaying.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are moving for the final time, so we have control over the database, domain name, TOS and features.
Go to Blue moon Roleplaying
These forums will remain up

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bitchy disabled people

Go down 
+2
Thor
chainedkitten11
6 posters

Who is out of line? (Me or Her)
You
Bitchy disabled people I_vote_lcap0%Bitchy disabled people I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Her
Bitchy disabled people I_vote_lcap80%Bitchy disabled people I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
It's a mix
Bitchy disabled people I_vote_lcap20%Bitchy disabled people I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
chainedkitten11
Sexed
chainedkitten11

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Bitchy disabled people Empty
PostSubject: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Hey guys,

So I'm going to college and I have this online class right. So I never have to go into a classroom (awesome!). Anyways, part of our online class is to write in the discussion board every week. The first week (last week) the assignment was to write one truth and one lie.

There is this girl in my class and she was the first to post and in her post she said at the end 'now it’s time for you to figure out which one is the truth and what is the lie." It was a pretty good post, creative and funny. And the two options to guess from where (1. She is a blind/mother who goes to school with her baby and her Seeing Eye dog and 2. Accidentally during the registration for the class the husband and wife got mixed up so the husband was actually taking the class in his wife’s name.) I picked B because it sounded more realistic and I made a comment about it saying that going to school blind with a kid and a dog is just as bad idea (distraction to other students, difficulty of getting around etc.)

I then skimmed over the teachers notes to make sure I understood the assignment but I didn't completely read it. I then posted my own post in the same format of 'guess which one' cause that’s what I thought I was supposed to do.

Today I get an email from her that is 10 paragraphs long (big paragraphs) telling me how I must be stupid and prejudice against blind people because of my post. She then began to tell me the entire technical BS for being blind etc. Basically it was a rude long ass email to tell me I'm a bitch because I don't think a blind mother with a dog should/could be taking a full class load at my college.

THEN, the bitch responds in the OPEN discussion board that my TEACHER can see and accuses me of plagiarism of her material. (My post was about NASA, how is that related to her post AT ALL?) And that I stole her idea for making people guess. As well as she yells at me for grammar and spelling mistakes. (I just got Vista and I didn't realize Word doesn't automatically show you the words are misspelled. I then edited my post with a note at the bottom saying I changed it only to fix spelling but this must have been after she read it but before she responded.)

I honestly thought that was how we were supposed to do it. I respond back saying there was absolutely no evidence of plagiarism and that I thought I was supposed to do it the guessing way.

It happened just this night, very late, and tomorrow my teacher is going to see her accusation of plagiarism. I'm SO mad.

I don't think she would have responded by that accusation if I hadn't pissed her off about blind people.

But Jesus, A: I didn't mean to piss anyone off. B: I'm not the most PC person. And C: I don't think physically disabled people should be treated any different from normal people (this does not include the mentally retarded). They are always bitching about how they wanted to be treated fairly but they bitch when you treat them like anyone else.

So, I guess I'm ranting (I'm so pissed), but I'd like to know if anyone else thinks she took it too far? Or do you all think that the physically disabled need to stop using it for their benefit?

Discuss!

Kitten
Back to top Go down
Thor
Thunder God

Male
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 pm

Amen, people with disabilities, excluding the mental ones of course, should not be treated that differently. I mean, if I see a guy in a wheel chair, I will hold the door open for him. But otherwise, fuck it. Anyways, good rant!
Back to top Go down
chainedkitten11
Sexed
chainedkitten11

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks!

I'm still so mad.

Like, I don't f'ing care if your disabled. Get over it and work with it. Just like everyone else does with their flaws. Just cause theirs are more visable doesn't mean anything. Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
E
Sexed

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:04 am

Jeez... talk about crazy and defensive. Good luck with it all, you might just need it.
Back to top Go down
chainedkitten11
Sexed
chainedkitten11

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 am

E wrote:
Jeez... talk about crazy and defensive. Good luck with it all, you might just need it.

Lol, me or her?
Back to top Go down
E
Sexed

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:25 am

She did. You made a small and easily understandable mistake. This woman just overreacted, ya know?
Back to top Go down
chainedkitten11
Sexed
chainedkitten11

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 am

Yah, it was so out of the blue too cause in the begining of the post (the one where I made the comment that pissed her off) I was like praising her work. Such a shitty response from someone who obviously meant no harm.
Back to top Go down
Mayor of K-Town
Sex Beast
Mayor of K-Town

Female
Number of posts : 233

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 11:26 am

I do think she over reacted, I mean that's a bit crazy saying that. I mean I get what you mean, It would be a little distacting with a baby and a dog. I mean how would you manage to control the two in class?? The dog wouldn't be a problem, I mean seeing eye dogs are /supposed/ to be very well trained and after a while you wouldn't notice them, but a baby? And Brail (however you spell it) textbooks must cost a bitch. Anyway, if the later was true... I think that's illegal actually. =/.

Anywho. Just calmly explain to the teacher that it was a simple mistake, because I don't know about anyone else but in online classes I look at other people's posts to make sure I know what's going on, however... I often read the direction a few times as well Kitty XD. Then I would mention that the girl was harassing me because of my opinion. -shrugs-
Back to top Go down
chainedkitten11
Sexed
chainedkitten11

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Mayor of K-Town wrote:
I do think she over reacted, I mean that's a bit crazy saying that. I mean I get what you mean, It would be a little distacting with a baby and a dog. I mean how would you manage to control the two in class?? The dog wouldn't be a problem, I mean seeing eye dogs are /supposed/ to be very well trained and after a while you wouldn't notice them, but a baby? And Brail (however you spell it) textbooks must cost a bitch. Anyway, if the later was true... I think that's illegal actually. =/.

Anywho. Just calmly explain to the teacher that it was a simple mistake, because I don't know about anyone else but in online classes I look at other people's posts to make sure I know what's going on, however... I often read the direction a few times as well Kitty XD. Then I would mention that the girl was harassing me because of my opinion. -shrugs-

Its not that the dog would be trained its that EVERYONE would want to pet it and whatever. All it has to do is look at someone and that person is not paying attention for 5 minutes cause the dog is cute. lol

The whole thing is BS.
Back to top Go down
BlisteredBlood
Blue Moon Enforcer
BlisteredBlood

Male
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:49 am

I admit it, I do have a few disablities (bilateral clubfoot which was surgically corrected when I was an infant), but this coming from her mouth is just a classic form of bitchery. She was CLEARLY out of line when she said all of that trash then accused you of plagarism without any proof to back it up.

However, I can't really justify what you said as well. However, I show more sympathy for you then I do her.

But this was a blind woman saying this?! Shame on her!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/das41985
Trygon
Virgin

Male
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Tell her you have no problem with blind people, that you're prejuduced against mothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bitchy disabled people   Bitchy disabled people Empty

Back to top Go down

Bitchy disabled people
Page 1 of 1